Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chicken Cakes and Remoulade Sauce


This is a delicious recipe I found over at thebigmamablog.com and it is what I will be having for dinner tonight!


I will try to post pictures with each recipe showing the steps as I go along, but since I have to start cooking now I won't have time today, but I may come back and add them later. Happy Cooking!





Chicken Cakes and Remoulade Sauce


2 tbsp. butter

1/2 medium sized red bell pepper, diced

4 green onions, thinly sliced

1 garlic clove, minced

3 cups cooked chicken, shredded

1 cup soft bread crumbs

1 large egg, beaten

2 tbsp mayonnaise

1 tbsp Creole mustard (or stoneground mustard - if you have neither I just mix a little Creole seasoning in my mustard)

1 tsp Creole seasoning

1/4 cup vegetable oil


Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, green onions and garlic. Saute 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

Stir together bell pepper mixture, chicken and the next 5 ingredients. Shape mixture into 6-8 patties depending on size. Fry patties 4 at a time in 2 tbsp. hot oil over medium heat - 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and serve immediately with Remoulade Sauce.


Remoulade Sauce

1 cup mayonnaise

3 green onion sliced

2 tbsp. Creole mustard

2 garlic cloves, minced

1/4 - 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper


Stir ingredients together until well blended.



The cakes can be served alone with the sauce as a dipping sauce and are great the next day on buns using the sauce as a spread. Having said that, we think the second option is better so I say go straight to eating them on buns with the sauce as a spread, no other condiment is necessary.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment